We’re not too sure where the year has gone but we're trying to do our best by not putting up the Christmas directions a little bit too early!
We may be trying to stop ourselves from decorating but we have our full attention on our Christmas party outfits. No festive outfit is complete without loads of sparkle and lace, so this year we have everything you need to make your outfit stand out.
Whether you have an old dress that you want to transform or you’ve picked up something from the highstreet that you want to customise, at JosyRose we have all the trimmings to help make your outfit perfect for you.
Turn a casual dress into something more special with our amazing collar range, from elaborate beading to sparkles galore, we have a collar that will take you dress from drab to fab.
It’s amazing what a little trim can do to a dress, whether it’s around the neckline, sleeves or the hem, a glitzy and glamorous trim can completely transform your outfit.
The world is your oyster with our extensive range of genuine crystal diamante crystals, add a bit of a shine to your dress this festive season and make your outfit unique to you.
Saturday, 1 November 2014
Wednesday, 1 October 2014
Want to have an eerie glow? Update your creepy costumes with our glow in the dark sequins, we have a mixture of tusks, stars and flat circles which are all perfect for nighttime use.
For those of you who want to accessorise your costumes we have a Quarter Face Mask and a Witch Papier Maché hat perfect for decorations or personal use. Both items are easily customisable, just take a look at all of our sparkles and ribbon for inspiration.
Looking for some decorations? We have tons of Halloween ribbon for you to browse through, use it for decorating tables or even outside use if you have porch which needs a bit of a Halloween touch.
For even more inspiration don’t forget to check out the rest of our blog posts!
Monday, 1 September 2014
It’s that time of month again where we share our handy tips and tricks on how to create cute craft projects. This month we’re taking a look at what you can create for the home and we have come up with this super easy tutorial on how to create a unique bowl out of buttons.
All you’ll need is this:
• Flat buttons – try experimenting with colours to create your desired look
• White PVA glue
• Large paint brush
• News paper
• Cup or can to balance balloon on while it dries
Firstly, you will need to take one balloon and blow it up to the size you want your bowl to be as you will create your bowl shape using the curve of the balloon.
Hold the balloon at the end with the knot and take your paint brush, dip it into your glue and cover the other end and sides (to the point where you want the bowl to end) in glue.
Let the glue dry completely, to do this place the knot end of the balloon in a cup or can to balance the balloon.
When the first layer is completely dry, apply a second coat of glue using your brush. Start at the top of the balloon and work your way down toward the knot. Attach buttons to this layer as close together as you can fit them.
When you are finished attaching all of your desired buttons turn your button covered balloon upside down in your cup or can so that the knot is in the air and the buttons are balanced on the cup.
When the second layer of glue and buttons is completely dry you will need to coat the buttons again with a third layer of glue.
When your bowl is completely dry use yours scissors to cut the knot on the balloon to slowly let the air out. Use your scissor to snip any unwanted glue bits away from the button edge and there you go, your very own button bowl!
Wednesday, 6 August 2014
At JosyRose we have come up with a solution to all your holiday frustrations, just call us your summer time hero!
Introducing our craft kits perfect for making a range of funky craft projects to keep you and the little one(s) happy, these kits are perfect when the summer showers hit which are bound to happen with the weather in the UK!
On our online store we have a range of fantastic kits including sewing, card and even a tool box to help you get crafting. All our kits are perfect for making and practising various craft projects, if you’re looking for some craft-spiration (see what we did there) then take a look through our blog, each month we give you DIY craft tips for you to try at home.
Have a great summer guys and don’t forget to share with us your craft projects on our Facebook, just search JosyRose.
Tuesday, 8 July 2014
What you’ll need:
- Fabric stiffener
- Lace Fashion trim
- Circular container big enough to wrap your crown around
Oh hello summer festivals, we’ve been waiting for you! Whether it’s a music, beer or vintage festival we all know it’s time to break out the sunglasses and funky hair accessories.
With loads of brands jumping on the bandwagon selling floral and lace crowns, we’ve decided to avoid the crowd and do something a little different and create our own.
Here’s how to do it:
Measure around the crown of your head in order to get the measurements to trim down your lace.
Trim your lace, make sure to leave an extra few CM’s because you will need to glue the two ends together.
Put your gloves on, cover your trim in fabric stiffener. This will help your trim stay in shape so you can wear it time and time again. Make sure to squeeze out any excess.
Whist your lace is still wet you need to wrap it round a circular container so the lace can take shape to form a crown. For now you can join the two ends up using a peg.
Once the lace has dried and taken shape you can now stick both the ends together using glue.
Now it’s time to embellish your crown you can do this however you wish we suggest maybe adding some gems for a sparkly effect or go all punk rocker with some studs.
We hope you’ve enjoyed our tutorial, don’t forget to check out our range of fashion lace trims to get some inspiration.
Thursday, 5 June 2014
Fashionably funky sunglasses are all over the catwalk and the high street, but who wants to pay £15+ for some accessorised glasses when you can have fun doing them yourself for a cheaper price!
All you need to do this tutorial is:
• A pair of cheap sunglasses
• Glue (we recommend Craft Quick Hold Adhesive)
• Craft accessories to cover your glasses in, e.g buttons, studs, and sequins.
1. Firstly, place the glasses you wish to style on a piece of old newspaper or a cover to ensure you don’t get glue on any of your surfaces.
2. Arrange your craft accessories in order of how you’re going to apply them to your glasses.
3. Take your glue and apply it to the part of your glasses where you want to attach your craft piece. Either with your fingers or craft tweezers attach your craft piece on top of the glue, make sure the piece is fully dry before you add another.
There are loads of different ways to accessorise your sunglasses. Here are a few of our suggestions:
• Acrylic stones or Diamantes for a sparkling design
• Go for a rock chic look with studs, whether they be heart shaped or square.
• Add different shaped sequins for a snazzy design
Wednesday, 21 May 2014
If you’re looking for a fun, quick and fashionable craft project, look no further than Josy Rose. The sun is shining and we know there is nothing better than sitting out in the sun with a crafty little project to hand, this month we’re taking a look at how to make button jewellery.
This project is great for children to do as long as there is an adult present and only take 30 minutes to do.
All you’ll need is:
• Elastic thread or stretch cotton
1. Measure your thread or cotton around either your wrist, neck or finger depending on what jewellery you’re making. You will need to cut the piece 6 inches longer than your measurement.
2. Tie a button 3 inches from the end.
3. Next thread your buttons on to form your necklace, make sure your thread or cotton goes through both button holes so that your button lies flat.
4. Once you have enough buttons on your thread or cotton you will need to tie both ends to form your button jewellery.
And that's it your all done!
- Feb 17 (2)
- Feb 21 (1)
- Mar 24 (1)
- Apr 25 (1)
- May 12 (1)
- Jun 03 (1)
- Jul 06 (1)
- Jul 21 (1)
- Aug 31 (1)
- Sep 07 (1)
- Oct 25 (1)
- Nov 15 (1)
- Dec 06 (1)
- Jan 10 (1)
- Feb 10 (1)
- Mar 08 (1)
- Apr 11 (1)
- May 11 (1)
- Jun 14 (1)
- Jul 11 (1)
- Aug 13 (1)
- Sep 18 (1)
- Oct 17 (1)
- Nov 01 (1)
- Dec 07 (1)
- Jan 08 (1)
- Feb 13 (1)
- Mar 21 (1)
- Apr 04 (1)
- May 21 (1)
- Jun 20 (1)
- Jul 24 (1)
- Aug 07 (1)
- Oct 16 (1)
- Nov 05 (1)
- May 21 (1)
- Jun 05 (1)
- Jul 08 (1)
- Aug 06 (1)
- Sep 01 (1)
- Oct 01 (1)
- Nov 01 (1)
- JosyRose is an online boutique, catering for all your contemporary fashion, interior and crafty needs! We sell all the essential sparkling finishing touches you just can't seem to source on the high street. On-trend fashion motifs to funky feather trims. The perfect place to customise any hand-made project. Our collection covers haberdashery classics, craft, fashion, soft furnishings, scrapbooking, stage and jewellery making! x