This is a very easy way to make an original & striking candle centre piece
Choose a nail head with prong backs & diamante set in metal claw backs.
Select your candle & satin ribbons in complimentary colours.
- Using the candle as the base, simply push the prongs of the nail heads and claws of the diamante securely into the wax
- Following the top rim of the candle create one row of alternating nail heads & diamante
- Measure a strip of 15mm satin ribbon around your ribbon. Apply double sided tape to the reverse & cut the ribbon to length adding a 1cm over lap for the join
- Repeat the above step using 7mm ribbon in an alternating complimentary colour, making sure that the seams line up
- Repeat step 2 following the edge of the ribbon to achieve a straight line
- Add one row of square nail heads leaving a small gap between each
- Repeat step 4 using the edge of the square nail heads as a line guide
- Starting from the bottom of the candle, repeat steps 1-7 again until you have two equally sized/spaced blocks of embellishment with a large gap in the centre
- Select a wide satin ribbon and tie in a decorative bow. Snip the ends into points using a sharp pair of scissors
Tip: If you wish to create a distinct pattern, score the design into the wax with a pin before you start.