Step 1: Preparation
- Cut 1 piece of patterned material 3 ¾” x 8” for the cover
- Cut 1 piece of felt 3 ¾” x 8” for the inside cover
- Cut 2 pieces of different coloured felt 3” x 6” for the pages
- Cut 2 pieces of different coloured felt 5” x 6” for the envelope pages.
- Fold the felt vertically in half so that you have a 5” x 3” book shape.
- Cut the top of the front cover down so it measures 3”x 3”.
- Cut the back cover from the top middle point, diagonally 1 ½ “ on both sides to create a point
- You will now have 2 church shaped felt pieces
- You can see our collection of felt sheets here: Felt Sheets
Step 2: Cover
- Decorate the front cover with motifs, diamante, sequins & beads
- Sandwich two 12cm lengths of satin ribbon in between the inside/outside cover on the outside middle edges
- Stitch together the inside/outside covers, all the way around approximately one eighth from the edge anchoring the ribbon in place.
- You can see our collection of motifs here: Applique & Motifs
- Visit our range of diamante here: Diamante
- Did you know we manufacture our own sequins here in the UK?! See them all here: Sequins
Step 3: Pages
- Arrange all 4 pages in a pile, alternating the colours. Ensure that each church shaped felt piece is positioned directly behind a rectangle, with the spire on the right
- To create the envelopes, stitch together a rectangle & church shaped felt piece along the bottom right hand side & the far hand right side. Then fold down the spire section to create the flap. Add poppas to the point of the envelope flap, & cover with a decorative buttons
- Fold the cover in half & lay felt side up. Place the pages in the middle & anchor in place by stitching down the centre of the book