wait for the seeds to grow before you can enjoy your pot plants
Follow our step-by-step guide to customise your own plain white plan pot.
- Measure the inside circumference of the saucer & cut a strip of velvet ribbon to length leaving 2cm excess. Lay the ribbon face down & glue the tips of green tusk sequins along the length of ribbon.
- Once the grass strip is done, glue another length of thinner satin ribbon on top of the sequin tips to sandwich them in place for extra security.
- Glue gun the sequined strip to the inside of the saucer, with the velvet ribbon face-out. Trim the excess length at the seam.
- Finish off the grass by gluing the odd yellow & red sequin daisy onto the tusks.
- Complete the pot by sticking a length of retro polka dot ribbon around the outside using double-sided tape.
- Tip 1: randomly place the tusks facing left & right to create a natural grassy effect
- Tip 2: use velvet ribbon to glue the sequins to, the glue will not show through the thicker material
Decorate the Pot:
- Measure the outside circumference of the rim of the pot & cut green rainbow ribbon to length leaving 2cm excess. Stick the ribbon to the rim & trim the excess at the seam.
- Choose a selection of sequinned butterfly & bug appliqués like the ones below to decorate the pot.
- Lay each motif face down & attach random lengths of colour-coordinated wire to the back.
- Jazzy up the wire by wrapping it around your pencil creating a spiral effect. Or for a subtler look, thread a few green seed beads on the wire and secure in place with a small blob of clear super glue.
- Glue gun the motif backs in place around your pot.
- Sandwich the wire ends to the base of the pot with another strip of ribbon. The saucer will hide this.
- Tip: use double sided tape on satin ribbons; this avoids any lumps showing through